Invitation to Community Briefing Event – 25th May 6pm Click here for full details and links to the Microsoft Teams web-event
19/04/2022 Letter of Response to Broxbourne Borough Council Planning and addendum with details of impact to residents Click here
29/03/2022 Update from Network Rail In response to liaison with Cllr Stock of Nazeing Parish Council and Dawn Warwick, community representative. There is also now confirmation that there is no expected disruption to gas, electricity or internet services. The project team will be visiting Nazeing and meeting with Cllr Stock on Thursday 31st March to discuss the impact of the disruption on local residents.
- April 2022. Start of enabling work required for the replacement of the bridge, for example setting up site compound.
- May 2022. Build temporary scaffold bridge to the north of the existing structure. This will carry services that currently run through the existing structure. The key work will be undertaken during planned closures of the railway on 30 April to 2 May and 7 – 8 May.
- 6 June 2022. The road will be closed to start excavation of the carriageways over the bridge.
- 29 July 2022. All services will be diverted across the temporary bridge.
- 1 August 2022. Start demolish the existing bridge. Key work will happen during planned weekend closures of the railway between 6 and 21 August.
- 22 August 2022. Start building the new bridge. The key work will be during the Bank Holiday weekend (27th – 29th August) to lift in the new bridge using a large crane in Broxbourne Station car park.
- September – November 2022. The new bridge will be made ready to open to the public. This will include installing new drainage, kerbing, ducting, road markings and footpaths. Services will be redirected over the new bridge between 12 October and 18 November.
- 25 November 2022. The road will be reopened following completion of the work.
23/03/2022 Letter Received From Hillgrove Business Park Management Ltd regarding the planned works to the bridge and the impact to the businesses on this site. Click here for letter.
22/03/2022 Stakeholder Letter Click here
15/03/2022 Borough of Broxbourne Environmental Health Memo Noise response
11/03/2022 Early Notification – Replacement of Nazeing New Road Bridge Work commencing 11th April. Nazeing New Road will be closed to all traffic and pedestrians from 6th June until the end of November 2022. Any questions or concerns, please telephone the 24-Hour National Helpline on 03457 11 41 41 or visit www.networkrail.co.uk/contactus. Click for details